Friday, September 21, 2007

Pedaling benefits Parkinson's by Alex Chin

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:04 am Post subject: Pedalling benefit Parkinson"s Patient

Dear Doctor, I refer to the above article. I am a cycling instructor in Malaysia . I am teaching Spinning program from USA . I hve been teaching for about 8 years now. For your information , I have a Parkinson's student besides taking medication , he join my cycling class 3 times a week and i guide him to do the training. He improves tremendously since last year. From walking slowly to now he doesn't look like a parkinson patience anymore. He can drive and can walk and do things on his own. Beside this I also recommend him to do Pilates and strengh training during the week. He is very happy now and his brain is very active. I would like to know more about the pedaling system that you mention and what is tandem bike. It would be great if you can give me the photo or link of the bilkes. Thank you for any information y ou may give and look forward to hear from you soon. Yours sincerely. Alex Chin
Back to top
');
//-->

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RDJoined: 22 Jan 2007Posts: 94Location: www.nutritionucanlivewith.com
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:29 am Post subject:

Dear Mr. Chin, What an excellent program you are providing, and how wonderful that your student with Parkinson's has improved so greatly. I do not have any more information, myself; I post items that I think might be of interest, but this is outside my area of training. However, I note the article provides contact information: "If you would like more information, please contact: Erica Foreman Cleveland Clinic foremae@ccf.org I believe if you will email Ms. Foreman, she may be able to provide the answers to your questions._________________Best regards, Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD -- For a Parkinson Tip of the

No comments: