Sunday, September 9, 2007

The effect of Requip (Ropinirole) medication on me

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:53 pm Post subject: Q: Requip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was diagnosed as Parkinson's disease patient in 2005.

I was prescribed by doctor with Sinemet 25/100 one each three times and Jumex 5 gm one each two times per day for the past of two years.

As my physical agility is not too much improving and I decide to change Dr. NK Chew, Neurologist of Pantai Cheras Medical Centre for treatment on the month of July 07 . He optimises my medication to 4 gm Requip (ropinirole) each three times and one Sinemet 25/100 two times a day. I am surprised my agility is 90% improving as told by my two trainers. I am glad I am able to do stretching exercises and gmx classes ie. body combat, pump, yoga, spinning and box and kick exercises for three hours from Monday to Friday. I do massage on every Saturday to loosen my body tiredness. I rest on bed for an hour after my exercises. I find my Physical mobility and agility is normal and PD is very mild from now as told by Dr. Chew.


I wish to take this forum to express my thanks to Dr. Chew Nee Kong for his excellent work and his contribution for the Parkinson's patients.

TEOKIMHOE

Back to top


Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 94
Location: www.nutritionucanlivewith.com
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Teo,
Congratulations, both to you and to your excellent physician, Dr. Chew. He has chosen the best treatment regime for you, and you are working hard to maintain strength and agility to combat PD. You are a fine example for us all.
_________________
Best regards,
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
--
For a Parkinson Tip of the Day visit:
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/

Back to top

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Teo, how are you faring now with the current medication? Are there any side effects so far? My mum's got PD and has had her medication changed recently and she went downhill from there, now we're trying to readjust but the damage has been done and it has taken a huge emotional and mental toll on her, on top of the physical 'damage'. What is ropinorol and what does it do?

teo said...

I advise you to see physiotherapist to help your mum.

The physiotherapist will explain to you Ropinorol and what does it do,

teo said...

Ropinirole (Requip) is a dopamine agnoist to help the parkinson patient from muscles stiffness and ridigiy.

teo said...

Your mum needs to optimize the medication by doctor as her PD is on progression.