Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stroke/Brain Attack

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:23 pm Post subject: Stroke/ Brain attack

Dear Doctor, I wish to share my experience on how the stroke attack/Brain attack on me when I was driving and the symptoms are as follows:-

I. numbness of the face,arm,or leg 2 difficulty speaking 3. dimness and loss my vision 4.problems with balance and coordination 5.problems with walking

My prescriptions are : 1/2 dosage of Diovan, 1 dosage of Cardiprin and one dosage of Plavix daily.

There are the medicines help prevent more blood clot from forming.
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 am Post subject:

Any neurological events especially when driving need immediate attention. We of course always worry about stroke and TIA; but we also worry about PD related sleep attacks when driving. These may be due to PD itself or more likely PD meds or a sleep disorder. Get help!_________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.
Back to top


What Mr Teo experienced was Transient Ischemic Attack (mini-stroke). Fortunately, he has completely recovered. He is back to his regular exercise at the gymn again. I admire the strong spirit of Mr Teo in dealing with two different brain disorders. He is a PD fighter. I wished that there are many more PD patients like him. Dr Chew Nee Kong, Kuala Lumpur.


Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:56 am Post subject:

In fact I have the following syndromes for the past of two years. It comes and goes as it does not cause me a stroke. I was told that my syndromes were over exercises in the gym centre. Besides I am diagnosed as a Parkinson's disease. It is a shock for me that I have Transient ischaemic attack

A transient ischaemic attack (TIA) is a serious condition caused by a temporary reduction in blood and oxygen supply to part of the brain. This can then cause acute symptoms such as loss of vision, leg and arm weakness, slurring of speech and loss of consciousness.
A TIA is sometimes called a mini-stroke because symptoms are the same as a stroke. However, severe symptoms normally last up to 30 minutes, and all symptoms disappear within 24 hours. A TIA is a full stroke if symptoms last longer than 24 hours. If you have a TIA, you will need to see your GP as soon as possible.
TIAs are a clear warning that further TIAs, or even a life-threatening stroke, may occur soon. A second TIA often causes more damage to your body than the first.
Without treatment, one in ten people who have had a TIA will have a full stroke within the next year. Therefore, TIAs should always be investigated so the cause can be found, and treatment can be given.
Every year, around 30,000 people a year have a TIA in the UK.















No comments: