Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Miracle by Rev.John Kok

Words by Mr Teo’s Pastor
Rev John Kok

I have known Mr Teo Kim Hoe for almost 18 years. He started attending Kuala Lumpur Baptist Church with his family the time I was appointed as the Pastor-in-charge of the Church in 1989. He together with his wife, were baptized in our church on April 11, 1993. They were faithful and God’s loving members of the church. They even opened their house for a Care Group to meet and I was the leader of that group. Even now, even though I am no longer the leader of their Care group, his house is still open for the Care Group to meet once a week.

I know Mr Teo very well as we share, talk and have many meals together. He has a strong faith in God and is a very optimistic person which came in handy when in his later years he was diagnosed as having Parkinson disease. He did not allow it to affect him personally or in his service to God. He began to do his own study and discovery about Parkinson disease which later he was encouraged by his doctor to start his own blog to share his own experiences how he fought his own Parkinson disease. Often time he would forward to me his article to read and also to pray for him.

Just a few months back I received a call from his wife informing me that he had a minor stroke and was admitted to the hospital. My wife and I rushed to the hospital to visit him and was surprised that he could still be in his jovial self to talk about his condition and his excitement about writing his book on Parkinson disease to encourage people. He never stopped talking despite us and his family telling him to stop and to rest. We prayed for him and all his Care Group members also prayed for him when they heard that he was admitted to the hospital. God is good. He heard our prayers and Mr Teo was discharged from the hospital the next day. It was a miracle and even his doctor said it was a miracle he could recover so fast.

Today Mr Teo is still driving around town and still the optimistic and confident person I knew when he first came to the church. I pray that his book will be an encouragement to all who read it on how God can use someone like him without any medical knowledge of Parkinson disease to be a blessing to many.

No comments: