Sunday, July 26, 2009

PNF Forum:Leg Freezing

teokimhoe



Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 144
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:02 am Post subject: Leg Freezing Reply with quote

When you have leg freezing whilst walking instead going forward going backward it is to prevent a fall.

Holding both leg and slap side of both knees to release the freezing

Stay horizon the place where you are to release the freezing.

The reason why you have leg freezing because you are under medication and it is wearing off.

It is strange why the parkinson patient does not have leg freezing problem whilst on cycling?


Is it we walking we concentrate our movement to balanc?


Is it cycling we paddle up and down with one leg after the other?
_________________
to help the PD patients aware the diseases and encourage to set up support groups to educate the patients and their immediate families
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Rogerstar1



Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 416

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been my experience that at least in the early years one's voluntary movements (typing, throwing a ball etc.) are affected most during 'off' periods. Autonomic movements like breathing, ducking to avoid or blocking a ball thrown at your face by instinct, moving a leg forward or back to maintain equilibrium and 'break' or prevent a fall are involuntary and hindered only after lengthy disease progression. Thus. willing myself to step off a curb or into a closed hallway or room is sometimes a problem if 'off'. Catching a fall by moving a leg to balance is still mostly an automatic reaction that I simply ...do. But, alas...that ability is slipping away, too. Best to you Tee-Man.

Rogerstar

bernard shaw



Joined: 19 Aug 2008
Posts: 321
Location: Austria Late UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:42 pm Post subject: Bern Leg movements. Reply with quote

I too have these stupid periods where one leg will suddenly stop right in the middle of a step. I have used a walking stick for the last twenty five years and I am sure that it is the stick that stops me falling flat on my face. My last fall nearly a year ago I not only broke the little finger of my right hand but had to undergo an hours operation to fix the break and put the finger lesion back into place and five stitches to close the wound. Painful to say the least. I wish you much luck with your medication, my Neurologist increased my sinemet retard 200/50 by one extra tablet since then the leg movements are better. Keep smiling best regards from Bern
_________________
If your face wants to smile, Let it.
If it doesn't, Make it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I synced my iPhone up to my Macbook and it deleted everything. I got mostly everything back, minus all the songs I purchased on iTunes. How do I get them back without buying them again?



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone 3g[/url]