Saturday, June 2, 2007

Agility 2

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:44 am Post subject: Q: Agility

Dear Doctor,

I refer to my earlier email "Agility" :-

"Is it a part of Parkinson Disease or an aging process?

I have difficulty of agility's as follows:

1.Able to move quickly or easily in movement; nimble

2.Quickly to grip something firmly with my fingers/ hand

3.Easily to lost my grip on the slope

My physical trainer told me I have difficulties of agility in his training program and is not improving since I was a PD patient year 2005.

Kindly advise. TEO KIM HOE
Back to top


Kathrynne Holden, MS, RDJoined: 22 Jan 2007Posts: 94Location: www.nutritionucanlivewith.com
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 am Post subject:

Dear Teo,

These are very good questions, but again I must request that you post them to "Ask the Doctor," as my practice is concerned with nutrition.
Best regards,

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Back to top



Anonymous
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:12 pm Post subject: Agility

Dear Doctor,

As my micronutrients profile showed decreasing of antioxidants, folic acid and vitamin 12 and vitamin 6. They are at the range of 14.20 ng/ml and 460 pg/ml

They are significant factors in Parkinson's disease as what some health professionals believe.

By increasing my level of these vitamins are they helpful for my agility?

Are they helpful to slowdown my aging process?

Kindly elaborate

Thanks
TEOKIMHOE
Back to top


Dr. FernandezJoined: 20 Jan 200

We have no definitive proof that any of the vitamins you mentioned improves agility or delays progression of PD.

I realize that they all look good in theory.

But the definitive evidence is human testing. Every time we test these compounds, their effect is not much different from placebo.

Thus, I do not routinely recommend vitamins and supplements to my patients.

Now, if money/cost is not a consideration, then I do not object as I do not think they are harmful. I just am not sure how useful they are--from the PD standpoint.
Yours,
Hubert H. Fernandez
Back to top

No comments: