Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Agility forum

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:46 am Post subject: Agility

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dr. Rodriquez,
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:44 am Post subject: Q: Agility

I was referred by Dr.Kathrynne Holden to post the following question for your elaboration and advise:

I am a PD patient for the past of two years and is on
medication i.e. one each sinemet 25/100 in three times and one Jumex in two times a day.

I have agility's difficulties during my exercises in gym and daily life as follows:

1.Able to move quickly or easily and neat in movement; nimble

2.Quickly to grip/seizing something firmly both from fingers/ hand to take

3.Easily to lost my grip on the slope

4.Agile mind to think quickly or acute

My physical trainer told me I have difficulties of agility
during his physical program and is not improving.

Is it an aging process or advancing stages of PD?


Kindly advise.

TEO KIM HOE

Back to top


Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 94
Location: www.nutritionucanlivewith.com
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Teo,
These are very good questions, but again I must request that you post them to "Ask the Doctor," as my practice is concerned with nutrition.
_________________
Best regards,
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
--



I was refered by Dr. Kathrynne Holden to post the following for your elaboration and advise:-

Back to top


Dr. Fernandez



Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, Dr. Rodriguez is unavailable right now. It is difficult to get Internet access at our hotel...

But I think, to answer your question, it could be the progression of your PD. Or you are not optimized in your current medication.

Yours,
_________________
Hubert H. Fernandez

Back to top


Anonymous






Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:46 am Post subject: Agility and Medication

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Doctor,

Thank you for your email and am advised by my doctor to optimise my medication as follows"

l. one dose of Sinemet 25/100 for morning, afternoon and evening

2. one Jumex 5gm for morning and afternoon.

3. Requip O.25mg one each for morning, midday and evening for first week and increase two doses for 2 week , 3 doses for 3 week and 4 doses for fourth week.

4. one dose of Rivotril 0.5 mg for my insomnia at bed time as I have bad dream at night due to the side effect of Sinement.

I was told by doctor that he will increase my Requip medication after the 4 weeks and decrease the sinemet doses as it is too powerful for me.

Kindly advise

Best regards

Teo Kim HOe

Back to top


Anonymous






Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:18 am Post subject: agility and Medication

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Doctor,

Thank you for your email and be informed my doctor has optimized my doses of Parkinson as follows:

one dose of Requip 0.25 mg for the first week, increases to two doses for 2 week, 3 doses for third week and 4 doses for four week. All are in three time a day

The Requip will be increased further after the 4 weeks as Sinemet would cut down to optimized the medication. Sinemet is too strong for me as I am in stage 2 of PD.

Kindly advise

Best regards

Teo Kim Hoe

Back to top


Dr. Okun



Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 251
Location: University of Florida
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:58 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend you follow your doctor's advice.
_________________
Michael S. Okun, M.D.

Back to top

No comments: