Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hypersalivation,Phlegm,Cough and Parkinson's Disease

Further to my website I posted titled :Phlegm, Saliva,Cough and Parkinson's Disease", I have consulted a Pulmonoglist in Bumrungrad Hospital Bangkok to ascertain the causes of the phlegm deep in my throat and also to find out whether I am suffering from Chronic Pulmonary obstructive Disease (CPOD) as a result of Parkinson's Disease.

After I have gone Pulmonary Function shown there are no obstructive airway defect,no significant response to bronchitis, normal lung volume and Normal Dulci; Inspired volume was less than 90% of best vital capacity.

I was told that the phlegm is actually thick saliva locked deep down in my throat.Due to my medication the saliva become thicker and stringier. The thick saliva locked down my throat that is itching and I feel the needs to cough and clear my throat all the times.

In fact excess saliva in the mouth which causes drooling, is one of the syndrome and feature of Parkinson's . Studies shown that 70-80% pf people with Parkinson's experience this problem.

In fact the condition is not due to excess production. On the contrary most people with Parkinson's actually produce less saliva. The problem is that PD reduces the frequency of automatic swallowing, and this in turn allows saliva to accumulate within the mouth that causes saliva drooling when the mouth is opened. This is why PD have mask face (poker face)

In fact PD patients feel socially embarrassing for the above that are reluctant to go out in public.

Injection of toxin to reduce the saliva is one of the solution and it is effective for six months, Using atropine eye drops in the tongue once or two daily may help to alleviate the situation.

My medications for the treatments are: 2 doses of Prevacid 30 gm, 2 doses of Ropect (Rotuss) and one dose of Atarax 25mg daily


TEOKIMHOE

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my dad suffers and has developed a cough that he can't shake off, will try your advice thank's and take care Danny in Scotland

Felix Lina said...

My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 68. His symptoms were shuffling of feet, slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle. Things were tough for me, I too was diagnosed of COPD but now we both finally free from these diseases with the help of total cure herbal foundation, He now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed. He had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult. Getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible. We had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,The biggest helped we had was totalcureherbsfoundation. com They walked us through the proper steps, im highly recommending this herbal formula to anyone who needs help.

bianca benecke said...

My husband was diagnosed of Parkinsons disease 7 years ago, when he was 49. He had a stooped posture, tremors, right arm does not move and also a pulsating feeling in his body. He was placed on Senemet for 8 months and then Siferol was introduced and replaced the Senemet, during this time span he was also diagnosed with dementia. He started having hallucinations, lost touch with reality. Suspecting it was the medication I took him off the Siferol (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started him on PD natural herbal formula we ordered from AKNNI HERBAL CLINIC, his symptoms totally declined over a 3 weeks use of the akanni  Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula. He is now almost 57 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed! (Visit their website www. akanniherbalcentre .com)

Benson Arnold said...

I am here to express my profound warm gratitude to Doctor Lewis Hill herbal medicine, which i got from Dr Lewis Hill. I am now leaving a healthy life since the past 1 Year i am now Parkinson disease free after the application and usage. You can contact for your medication from via Email  lewishill247@gmail.com. Wish you all the best and a happy healing. Thanks and God Bless you for your help doctor

isabella said...

my husband was disgnosed with parkinsons disease at 67,his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,low volume speech,degradation of hand writing,horrible driving skills,right arm held at 45 degress angle,things were tough for me,i too was diagnosed of COPD but now we both finally free from those diseases with help of total cure from ultimatehealthhome,he now walks properly and all the symptoms has reversed,he had trouble with balance especially at night,getting into the shower exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is is also another thing finds impossiable,we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him alot,the biggest helped we had was this ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this to every one who needs help should contact them on ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com

Cohen Sally said...

I was diagnosed 3 years ago at age 56. Symptoms were tremor in right leg, loss of handwriting ability, and soft voice. I also have difficulty rising from a seated position and have balance issues. I started out taking only Azilect, then Mirapex, and 6 months ago Sinemet. Several months ago I started falling frequently, hence the reason for Sinemet. I tried every shots available but nothing worked. I have been reading about thiamine and want to start him on high dose therapy (hoping that his symptoms do not become worse). In June 2018, my neurologist and I decided to go with natural treatment and was introduced to Dr. Fabien, i contacted him at www.kunimeherbs.com. I wanted to know more about him before I go ahead with the kunime herbal medicine. I was extra cautious about anything like this. I had a few doubts in my mind, I have searched all over. he explained to me how the kunime medicine works to cure Parkinson’s disease. I discussed with my husband, he permitted me to try it. I made an order for the herbal medicine. I started using the medicine, I noticed tremendous changes, I had a total decline of symptoms with this treatment, the Tremor, falling frequently, stiffness, body weakness, balance issues, depression and others has subsided. After 5/6 months of using the Herbal medication, I was 100% free from Parkinson’s disease. I've really learned to appreciate life now. Having this disease has taught me patience and not to take the little things such as being able to talk or to smile for granted. This treatment is a breakthrough for all suffering from Parkinson’s, don’t give up Hope. Kunime herbs are truly gift from God. No more people have to be diagnosed and burdened with this disease. 409 209-0379

Derek Foden said...

I am now 59. With the new herbal medicine for Parkinson I purchased from  Multivitamincare . org  was my only way to get rid of my PD,the herbal formula effectively reversed my condition and alleviated all my symptoms, people are suffering from this Parkinson disease due to lack of information.

nedeighsh said...

7a replica bags philippines Find Out More b9r25t7r66 replica chanel bags ebay replica bags lv replica gucci bags q1n82l9y64 replica bags gucci anonymous r8y76v7u70 louis vuitton replica handbags replica bags by joy