Thursday, January 31, 2008

limited saliva,dry mouth and rough tongue

Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:43 pm Post subject: Saliva,dry mouth and rough tongue

Dear Doctor,

Sorry I keep on amending the emails. As lavodopa and dopamine agonsits have sideeffect of the above syndomes I am one of the sufferers,

The doctor prescribed me BENZHEXOL(anti-cholinergic) to treat the saliva as it's dryness instead it worsen the dryness saliva added more thicker, more sticky ,more dryness mouth and a rough tongue besides I have cracked both side of my lips. More water taking to mininise the dryness mouth. I did not have excessive saliva instead limited saliva as told by my dentist that I do not have drooling from my mouth and she introduced me to Bioteii mouth wash and gel to moiturize the dryness, taking ice tube to mininise it. I still continue taking requip 12mg daily. In view of the above my doctor replaces me amantadine 1/2 dosages and sinemet CR with sinemet 25/100 three times a day. I have stopped taking the Benzhexol but the sickness are still not improving. He would optimize the medication progressively. Kindly advise
Back to top


Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject:

Thanks for the question. I have responded to the question in a previous post a few minutes ago but let me add that dry mouth and anticholinergics can also lead to cavities----if you are on anticholinergics brush often._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D.

No comments: