Wednesday, January 30, 2008

saliva,dry moutn and rought tongue

: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:43 pm Post subject: Saliva,dry mouth and rough tongue

Dear Doctor, Sorry I keep on amending the emails. As lavodopa and dopamine agonsits have sideeffect of the above syndomes I am one of the sufferers, The doctor prescribed me BENZHEXOL(anto-cholinergic) to treat the saliva as it's dryness and it worsen the syndoms as saliva turn more thicker, more sticky ,more dryness mouth and rough tongue besides crack on both side of lips. More water taking to mininise the dryness mouth.

I did not have excessive saliva as told by my dentist that drooling from my mouth and she introduced me to Bioteii mouth wash and gel to moiturize the dryness, taking ice tube to mininise it.

I still continue taking requip 12mg daily. In view of the above my doctor replaces me amantadine 1/2 dosages and sinemet CR with sinemet 25/100 three times a day. I have stopped taking the Benzhexol but the sickness are still not improving. He would optimize the medication progressively. Kindly advise
Back to top
'

Dr. OkunJoined: 19 Jan 2007Posts: 251Location: University of Florida
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject:

Thanks for the question. I have responded to the question in a previous post a few minutes ago but let me add that dry mouth and anticholinergics can also lead to cavities----if you are on anticholinergics brush often._________________Michael S. Okun, M.D