Tuesday, December 30, 2008

parkinson's and eye blinking

Parkinson’s disease does not affect the eyes’ ability to see but there can be some eye-related concern.

Due to the mask-like face that some patients can experience, there can be a decreased rate of automatic blinking .

Though Eye movement disorders do not always cause functional problem many people as they age may not bother.

However,lack of eye coordination, people experience double vision when looking in certain direction. Some people who have this problem do not complain of double vision, but say that their eyes tire quickly when they read

I had cataract removal surgery in 2001. As the result my cornea is wide and thin besides I have dry eyes(no tears). I am not a candidate to do lasar surgery. Further I have parkinson’s disease. I use eye drops 4 times a day to clean my dry eyes as it relieves eye tiredness and is helpful for my vision. Eye blinking 3-4 times a day help you increase your rate of automatic blinking thus you have better vision from tiredness.

1 comment:

matina said...



i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com