Wednesday, October 14, 2009

mobility and strength

Anonymous






Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:25 am Post subject: mobility and strength

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I notice from my exercise, that I do possess strength, for example, I have the strength to hit, box and kick during my exercise. However, I do have difficulty in moving well. Mobility seems to be the problem here. I don't seem to be able to move fast with strength simultaneously. Although I can execute some moves sufficiently strongly, but I lack the speed in execution. Can any one enlighten me on why although I possess strength, I experience difficulty in mobility. I have checked with other patients suffering from Parkinson's Disease and they seem to have the same symptoms as me

Back to top


Kathrynne Holden, MS



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 94
Location: www.nutritionucanlivewith.com
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.
Dear Friend,
Decreased mobility is among the most prominent features of PD. You are doing exactly the right thing in maintaining and improving your strength, even if mobility does not keep pace with your strength-building.You might in fact consider yourself as a good example of what folks with PD can attain, with determination and focus. Maintaining muscle strength and balance will stand you in good stead and will help enormously in combating the effects of PD.

I hope others with similar experiences will comment as able, and provide more insight into this effect of mobility vs strength. I'm sure all of us would welcome such information.
_________________
Best regards,
Kathrynne Holden, MS
--
For a Parkinson Tip of the Day visit:

No comments: