Monday, February 25, 2008

Forum: Physical Trainer?

Toekimhoeyour post comes at a crucial time for me. I do not present with tremors. My PD presents with movement disorder. I shuffle lately a lot when I walk, my legs are soo very heavy. I am in pain, my entire body hurts daily 24/7 as if it has been beaten up. My newest issue is my arms have a deep ache along with my hands feeling swollen and tight but there is no visible swelling. Last night my psycologist and I made a pact that I would start back with the trainer and do stretching exercise this week with the balance ball. I am going to make an effort to exercise inspite of the pain. It is painful to lift my legs to get dressed! So I am not quite sure how exercising will go, but hey I am going to give it a shot. So far Mirapex is innafective as far as I am concerned...I guess I am at the height of frustration, but accept that I need to do more than just get up and go to work everyday and maintain this 3,700 sq foot home...obviously that is not enough...It is getting harder and harder to move. I am glad that you are doing so very well and have found so much success in your treatment plan. The fact that you can do any type of exercises is simply amazing, but then again PD hits all of us differently. Best of luck to you
1 You marked this post as helpful


I am glad that you have a trainer to do stretching of your muscle stiffness and rigidity. He would help you and it takes times that you would be comfortable. Parkinson's disease would not going away like other diseases . Lord bless

Your trainer who understand your muscle stiffness and help you to stretching and take times to get away to be normal. Pray Lord that He give your strength and wisdom for your movement exercises. I have two trainers and my consistance and Preservation that I battle the diseases with success.Believe and trust the trainer who experience movement exercises help you to design a training program. Lord bless

Source: PatientsLikeMe

No comments: