Tuesday, April 10, 2007

When or what to tell or do ?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:21 am Post subject: What is the behaviours of early PD Patient?

The behaviours of early PD patient as follows: When do I tell others, and what do I say? Whether to tell " is a question posed by many people in the early stage of PD disease.

1. Is it jeopardize my job?

Don't let other people feel sorry for me and for my children?
Is it lose my chance of promotion ? Is it I have to hide my face?
What's about my children and my wife think of me?
What's about my position in my family as I am a main earner?

2. Keep it yourself as secret and privacy and once it reveals you feel sorry as you cannot take
it back. Everybody look at you whenever you go.

3. I feel relieve as I tell out and I could get some support.

4. It is hard to keep it secret as PD is 'not a going on' disease ' and the tension of hiding it. It is a physical and mental suffering.

5. It helps more people to aware the diseases and encourage more support groups i.e fund
raising for the fund, or seminars and help them to learn how to manage the disease and
don't feel you are not alone .
There are 2-3% at the age of 50 are PD suffers and not
including age below 50 years old. As the age population grow the number of PD
suffers are increasing.

It is a social problem. You feel proud yourself as you do a good job.

6. Is it lose my dignity and prestiges that are once respected and admired because of my
job or position that I have achieved? The choice is you?

TEO KIM HOE
Back to top
');
//-->

No comments: